So, maybe I wrote this list back in May. And maybe I bit off more than I could handle, or had the energy or organization for. And maybe I am ready to make an updated, more realistic list that can actually be accomplished before we officially start school on September 3.
1) Pray without ceasing.
2) Get back on the bandwagon with my Bible Gateway reading plan and enjoy it, not just read to check it off the app.
3) Make my relationship with Kyle a priority: Continue almost weekly date nights, figure out times to chat for fun and planning times.
4) Continue having LOTS of play and reading time with Paul. Help him weed his pumpkin patch.
5) Reading time with Isaac.
6) Write with John and have him teach me origami. Plan a great 10th birthday for him on the 13th!
7) Play outside with those boys every day. I’ve only been in the pool once this summer!
8) More talks with Rachel about growing up and fashion. Help her with her fall clothes.
9) Listen to Luke. Get to know that boy better. Enjoy him. Make his birthday on the 28th super!
10) Talking with Adam. Figuring out a plan for the school year.
11) Connect with my Good Morning Girls Bible Study group and decide about the September study.
12) Be a good neighbor–invite someone over for dinner.
13) Be a good church friend– ditto.
14) Help the children budget their mission money and write letters to our World Vision children.
15) Exercise daily.
16) Write a note–thank you, encouragement, birthday, etc. at least three times a week.
17) Write something every day.
18) Blog at least three times a week.
19) Update and organize our calendar for August and September with speech and debate, 4H and our new music and theatre classes, in addition to regular church activities and family fun.
20) Continue clearing out and scrub the laundry room.
21) Organizing the school room.
22) Help with and encourage progress with the bonus room renovation.
23) Continue making a simple, organized meal plan.
24)Finish my dad’s birthday project from last year.
25) Go to bed by 10 each night and get up at 6 a.m. daily.
AND, love, love, love my family.
Psalm 90:12 (ESV)
“So teach us to number our days
that we may get a heart of wisdom.”